Call us at (248) 594-4408
or contact us online
How to Boink
Wondering How to Play with Boinks? Here’s Some Ideas!
Boinks are a wacky, webbed, wonderful, woven winner. Magic to your imagination. We’ve come up with dozens of ways to use Boinks for both play as well as multiple types of therapy.
Parents and Therapists thoroughly enjoy using Boinks in many treatment sessions. We have found Boinks to be a highly motivating treatment activity, and kids seem to have an innate understanding of how to manipulate and use Boinks. Boinks come in a variety of sizes and are dishwasher safe (top rack only).
Here’s how to use these fun-filled toys:
Ideas to use Boinks for play:
- Chewing gum for your hands! You can do all sorts of things with your Boinks
- Shoot ‘em
- Boink ‘em
- Rocket ‘em
- Roll ‘em
- Decorate your pen or pencil
- Launch it off your pen or pencil
- Decorate your shoe laces
- Make Jewelry by hooking together in the inverted position: Bracelet, necklace, and ankle bracelets.
- Finger Flicker — put one on your pointer finger to say, “We’re number one!”
- Boink “FREDDY” glove — one Boink for each finger (like long nails)
- Pet Toy — cats love to chase Boinks
- Watch band cover
- Wear ‘em on your clothes
- Boinkette for your hair — invert Boinks in colorful layers and decorate with ribbons and stuff
- Make a Boink animal with balloons
- Put a Boink in a balloon and blow it up. When the balloon pops you get a surprise.
- Stuff your Boinks with things: money, marbles, candy, etc…
- Party favors (ask us about buying 1 or 2 colors per tub or custom colors
- Promotions/giveaways for your company’s trade show
- Christmas tree decoration
- Safe treats for Halloween (especially if your kids have food allergies!)
- Safe drumsticks for children’s music classes (and dishwasher safe if they get slobbered on or chewed)
- Piñata filler! Ole!
- A gift for your friend or coworker
- A golf tee — it won’t scratch your clubs
- Stress reliever (use on a plane to relax)
- Habit helper to stop biting nails, quit smoking, keep from eating
- Fidget toy — great toy for Autism Spectrum Disorders, OCD, and ADHD
Boinks can be used in a variety of ways during occupational and play therapy. Parents and therapists alike use boinks for those with Autism, Parkinson’s, brain injuries, strokes as well as cerebral palsy. Here are a number of ways that Boinks are being used in therapy:
- Use them for in-hand manipulation in order to develop the radial side of the hand for strengthening and developing functional grasping patterns.
- Use the Boinks for developing bilateral coordination and supination by placing the Boink in the palm of one hand and shooting it upward with the other.
- Boinks also make great visual-motor games for shooting them at targets, as well as shooting up in the air and catching.
- Boinks make great fidgets for self-regulation and attention.
- Many Therapists are using the Boinks with children with Autism to engage them in play activities, joint attention, and requesting.
- You can also place one on each finger and name colors for kids to raise that finger and develop isolated control of individual fingers. This is great tactile sensory input to the hands/fingers as well.
- Boinks are used as FINGER SPLINTS for patients who have experienced a brain injury due to trauma or stroke. An inverted Boinks supports the fingers to help strengthen, exercise and tone. Our variety of sizes fits most hands, dishwasher safe and fun to wear.
- Boinks come in a variety of sizes and resistances for smaller hands and for hands with less strength.
- Speech therapists also use them as a visual cue for phonation and production of a variety of sounds.